Cacoo provides a shape and icon library that helps you easily find the shapes and icons you need for your diagram. Besides the default shape options provided by Cacoo, you can create your custom shapes and save them for later use in the shape library.
How to save your diagram as a custom shape
By default, your Cacoo diagram is saved as a “Diagram” type. To create custom shapes and save them for later use, you will need to set the diagram type to “Shape”.
- Start a new diagram and create each custom shape in a sheet.
- To save your diagram as a custom shape, go to the top navigation area, select the drop-down arrow beside the diagram name > Set diagram type > Shape.
- The Publish Shape button will display on the top navigation area; select it.
- After you have published the shapes, you can locate the custom shapes in the library.
- If you are creating multiple custom shapes and wish to group them into different custom shape subcategories, you can do so by using different diagrams to publish the shapes and name the diagrams accordingly.
The diagram and sheet name will be saved and reflected in Custom Shapes as below:
- Diagram name = Custom Shapes subcategory name
- Sheet name = Shape name
- You can easily differentiate the diagram types on the Dashboard by checking the diagram’s icon. If a diagram has been set as the “Shape” type, the shape icon will be reflected on the diagram. By default, the “Diagram” type will not have any icon.
When a custom shape diagram is saved in a shared folder within your organization, the folder members will have access to those custom shapes in their library.
Apply changes to custom shapes
If you have made some changes or updates to an existing custom shape, after the updates, please select the Publish Shape button on the top navigation area to apply the changes.
The Cacoo auto-save function will only save the changes in the custom shape diagram but will not publish the changes to the Custom Shape library, hence the need to select the Publish Shape button.
Remove custom shapes from the library
You can remove custom shapes from the library in the following ways.
- Archive the diagram
You can archive the custom shape diagram and the custom shapes will be removed from the library.
- Change the diagram type
You can change the custom shape diagram from “Shape” to “Diagram” type. This will remove the custom shapes from the library.
To change the diagram type, select the drop-down arrow beside the diagram name > Set diagram type > Diagram. The changes will be saved automatically.