We offer Redmine Importer, which helps you easily migrate your Redmine project data to Backlog.
Useful tip!Backlog Migration for Redmine is in beta. To avoid issues, create a new project and import data before importing data to the existing project in Backlog.
Please refer to this page for the full details of the migration guide.
- Java 8
- The Backlog Space administrator roles.
Download and steps
We have provided the jar file link and steps guide on migrating on this page.
Supported Redmine versions
Redmine 1.1.1 or later are supported.
Backlog's user roles
This program is for the users with the Space's administrator roles.
Migration project with custom fields
Only applied to Premium or Platina plan.
Resources that cannot be migrated
- Shared files
- Roles and Privileges
- All custom attributes in Redmine will be added to the migrating project in Backlog.
- Private notes will be also migrated. Readmin's grandchild issues will be treated in Backlog as follows.
- Parent issue will not be set.
- If a parent was set when creating the issue, no information regarding the parent will be entered into the issue.
- If a parent issue was set after creating the issue, the parent's issues link will be posted in the issue as a comment.
- Textile formatting rule is not supported.
- In case the user who registered the issue or the assignee of the issue has been deleted from the project, the person who is migrating data will be considered as the user who has registered and updated the issue in Backlog. The assignee will be unset.
- In case the user who registered wiki has been removed from the project, the person who is migrating data will be considered as the user who has registered the wiki in Backlog.
- Wiki history will not be migrated.
- News will be registered as a Wiki.
- Attachment files will not be migrated.
- Text formatting rules: markdown
- Some changes will be applied to the Redmine's project identifier to meet the project key format in Backlog.
Hyphen → underscore
Single-byte lowercase character → Single-byte uppercase character
About custom fields
- Versions and users will be registered as lists and will be the fixed values.
- Boolean values will be registered in radio button format of "Yes" or "No".
Following items cannot be migrated
- Minimum - maximum length
- Regular expression
- Text formatting
- Default value
- Link URL to set to value
- For all projects
- Use as a filter
If an Issue was created with a status other than "New" and then there was no change to this status before importing it, the Issues status in Backlog will be set to "Open".
Resources that can be migrated by Redmine version
Projects with custom fields are supported only for Redmine 2.4 and later.
- If the space of Backlog is a free plan, it cannot be migrated due to API rate limiting.
- This tool cannot be used in parallel as it can exceed the API rate limit when run in parallel.