We have removed some old or outdated shapes from our shape library. This initiative is to spring-clean the library to help users access more updated and relevant shapes quickly.
Shape categories that Cacoo has removed
Below are the shape categories that Cacoo has removed.
- Sticky note*
- Electronic circuit
- Office equipment
- Office layout
- Site map
- Dimension line
- Greeting card
- Basic [previous old shape]
- Wireframe [previous old shape]
- Speech balloon
- Web service
- Simple icon
*Sticky note function is still available and can be accessed from the sticky note icon from the tool menu.
How will the shapes removal impact existing diagrams?
There is no impact on existing diagrams. If you have added the shapes to your diagrams in the past, they will still be available in your diagram and will not be removed.
Continue using removed (old) shapes
If you are considering to use the removed (old) shapes, there are two ways you can access them below.
Copy the old shapes from past diagrams
If these shapes have been used in past diagrams, you can copy and paste the shapes into any new diagram. In addition, you can create custom shapes for those shapes and access them easily from your custom shapes library in the future.
Duplicate the diagram of removed (old) shapes to your space
Alternatively, if you want to access all the removed (old) shape categories, we have saved the removed shaped into our public diagram, and you can easily access them by duplicating the diagram to your space. To do so:
- Login to your Cacoo account and access this diagram - https://cacoo.com/diagrams/asbW46m7tXa3ycfp/4C85E
- Click on the down arrow icon next to the diagram title on the top navigation and select Duplicate from the menu.
- The Duplicate Diagram menu will prompt. You can edit the Title and select to save it as Diagram type or Custom Shape type. Select the Save button to complete the process.
The duplicated diagram is saved in your Home folder within your space.
- If you save the duplicate diagram as a Diagram type, you will need to open the diagram and manually copy and paste the shapes each time in order to use them.
- If you save the duplicate diagram as a Custom Shape type, you can easily access the shapes from your custom shapes library. Please note that each category’s shapes are grouped together on each sheet.