Sticky notes are an effective and easy to use tool that let users record or highlight their important information or even ideas quickly. In Cacoo, you can find the sticky notes function available on the tool menu and easily add them to your diagrams.
How to add sticky notes
You can add sticky notes via the tool menu.
Did you know?The sticky notes feature is available for all Cacoo plans.
- Go to Tool menu > Sticky Note.
- If you want to display the Author, check "Show my name".
- A sticky note creation prompt will pop up. Input your text in the sticky notes and press Enter or Add to post the sticky notes on the diagram.
- To end the function, select X to close or exit the prompt.
- You can select different colors while inputting your text.
- Sticky note shortcut commands:
1. Press Enter to post a sticky note.
2. Press Shift + Enter for a line break.
- After you add a sticky note, the creation prompt remains and you can continue to input more text.
After adding sticky notes to your diagram, you can change their styles and text formatting by selecting the notes and editing them via the editor menu.
To learn more about the editor menu in the diagrams, please refer to the Editor overview article.
Display the Author
Display the author’s profile icon and nickname on the sticky note.
Did you know?The Authors feature is available to the Cacoo Free, Pro, Team, Education, and Cacoo for Business MAX plans.
- Anyone who has the permission to edit the diagram can show/hide Authors
- The Author will show the user that most recently edited the note.
Before adding sticky notes
To hide Authors, uncheck “Show my name” at the bottom left of the prompt.
- You can create a sticky note without an Author by unchecking “Show my name” and adding no text.
- Click the “Author” button in the menu to set yourself as the Author.
After adding sticky notes
Select the sticky note that you would like to show/hide the Author for, then click the “Author” button in the floating menu.
Create a Backlog issue
Register what you wrote on the sticky note as an issue in Backlog.
Did you know?Registering sticky notes as Backlog issues is available for the Free, Pro, Team, Education, and Cacoo for Business MAX plans.
- Select the sticky note you want to register to Backlog, and click "Create Backlog issue".
- Select the Backlog project from the drop-down menu.
Only projects that you are added to in Backlog will be displayed.
- Enter the following fields and click the “Create issue” button.
- Type: Displays the issue type registered in Backlog. Issue types with registered custom attributes that are required will not be displayed.
- Assigned to: Displays users that are both in the selected Backlog project and registered on Cacoo. The issue will be assigned to the sticky note creator if left blank.
- Subject: Displays the text of the sticky note and can be edited. If you create an issue with a blank field, the sticky note text will be the subject.
- A link to the Backlog issue will be added to the bottom right of the sticky note.
- You can not create a Backlog issue from sticky notes that are blank or created before August 23, 2023.
- To use the Backlog issue creation feature, the Cacoo organization must also be subscribed to Backlog. Learn more about Backlog from Backlog plans and pricing page. Start using Backlog in your organization by logging in from the link: "Do you have a Nulab account? Log in here" when prompted.
Create issues from multiple sticky notes
You can create multiple issues at once when you select multiple sticky notes and Create a Backlog issue.
Useful tip!When creating Backlog issues from multiple sticky notes, the assignee and subject cannot be edited. The user who created the issue becomes the person in charge of the issue, and the content of each sticky note becomes the subject of the issue.
Unlink from a Backlog issue
To unlink the sticky note from a Backlog issue, there are two methods.
From the bottom right of the sticky note
- Click the Backlog icon displayed at the bottom right of the sticky note.
- Click the trash can icon to the right of the link.
From the floating menu
- Click the Backlog button in the floating menu.
- Click "Remove" to the right of the displayed link.