When you verify your organization domain, you ensure that the user accounts with the verified domain can be added as or migrated to Managed Account. Your organization’s domain is the URL that comes after the @ symbol of your users’ email addresses.
Verifying domains provides you with a few benefits:
- Administrators can add the user accounts with the verified domain to Managed Account and have more control over these accounts, including editing the user’s account details or deleting their accounts.
- With Managed Account, the user can log in to the organization with SAML single sign-on by authenticating through the organization’s IdP. It also gives the administrator the ability to manage access control over the user groups on the identity provider.
To learn more about Managed Account and how it compares with Nulab Account, refer to the Managed Account article.
Domain verification overview
From the diagram above, we use “Example Global” as the organization, and it owns the “example.com” and “example.co.jp” domains. After the organization verifies both domains, the users with the verified domains can be migrated to or added as Managed Accounts by the administrator.
Once the user accounts have changed to Managed Account, they can log in to the Example organization and access other Nulab’s products with SAML single sign-on. For the rest of the users with other domains, the administrator can still invite them to join Example organization with Nulab Account. Nulab Account users can only log in with the Nulab Account email and password created by the users, and they can manage their own accounts.
Note: Once the domain is verified, the users with the verified domains will not be automatically changed to Managed Accounts. The administrator can choose to change any of the users with a verified domain to a Managed Account.
Verifying your domain
Administrators can verify an organization domain or multiple domains over DNS on the Organization Settings page. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Go to Organization Settings > Organization tab > Domains.
- Copy the verification code from the 1st section and set the verification code on the DNS for the targeted domain verification.
*Verification code will be issued when you start the Nulab Pass trial.
- Enter the domain to be verified on the 2nd section and select the Verify button.
- Once the verification succeeds, the verified domains will be listed on the page.
Domain verification checks
Domain verification is required to use Nulab Pass services. Following are the scenarios that require domain verification:
- Add/create a Managed Account
- Edit Managed Account (user email)
- When performing migration on an existing Nulab Account to Managed Account