Please note that Nulab Pass cannot be used as a standalone product. To start with Nulab Pass, you must first set up an organization using a Nulab product (Backlog, Cacoo, or Typetalk).
Follow the steps here to get started.
Step 1: Create an Organization
An Organization in Nulab products comprises information about your organization, including members, plan, billing, invoice, etc. This information is centralized in your organization settings and applicable across all the Nulab products you’re using.
For new users, when you start a trial with Nulab products (Backlog, Cacoo, or Typetalk), you will need to create an organization.
To create a new organization, please start a trial with one of the Nulab cloud products:
- Go to nulab.com/try
- Choose a product (Backlog, Cacoo, or Typetalk) you want to start a trial, click Sign up free.
- It will redirect you to create a Nulab Account to start your free trial.
- Once you have successfully registered for a free trial, an organization will be created, and you can manage it in the organization settings page.
Do you know?If you are an existing user who has already created an organization, please refer to Step 2.
Step 2: Apply for Nulab Pass trial
After you have created an organization, you can apply for the Nulab Pass trial. We offer a free 30 days trial for Nulab Pass. To start your trial:
- Go to nulab.com/nulabpass and click on Start a free trial button. It will navigate you to log in to your registered Nulab Account.
- Log in to your Nulab Account, and it will navigate you to the organization selection page.
- Choose or create an organization you wish to start Nulab Pass trial and click on Start free trial.
Did you know?Once you start a free trial, you will gain instant access to Nulab Pass.
Step 3: Setting up SAML, Domains verification & Managed Account
Once you have access to Nulab Pass, you can start to set up your SAML authentication, followed by creating a Managed Account.
To set up SAML authentication, domains verification, and Managed Accounts:
- Go to the Authentication tab in the Organization settings page and click Change to set up your IdP details.
For more details on setting up SAML authentication, please refer to Set up SAML authentication.
- Next, you can verify your organization domains before adding users as Managed Accounts. To verify domains, go to the Domains tab and follow the steps to complete the domain verification.
For more details on how to verify your domains, refer to the Domain verification support article.
- After configuring the SAML authentication and verified domains, you can invite a user by creating a Managed Account on the Members page. Go to Organization Settings > Members > Add Managed Account.
For more details about creating and editing a Managed Account, please refer to Create and edit Managed Account.
- After creating a Managed Account, an invitation email will be sent to the invitee to join your organization.
Do you know?
- You must maintain at least one administrator Nulab Account in your organization to prevent losing access to your Nulab products in case you cannot log in with SAML authentication.
- It is recommended to create a team before creating a Managed Account. This helps you to easily allocate the user to a team while creating their Managed Account.
Step 4: Log in with SAML Single Sign-On
After successfully configuring the SAML authentication, Managed Account users can now log in to Nulab products with SAML single sign-on.
Step 5: Upgrade your subscription
During the trial or after your 30 days trial, you can make payment when you’re ready to upgrade and subscribe to Nulab Pass. You only need to add credit card details when you click upgrade in the plan organization settings page. You can also cancel your subscription at any time.
For more details about managing your Nulab Pass plans and billings, see the Subscription & Billing page.
Do you know?After the trial period, Nulab Pass features will no longer be available, and Managed Account users cannot access Nulab products without a Nulab Pass subscription.