Please note that Nulab Pass cannot be used as a standalone product. To get started with Nulab Pass, you need to at least set up an organization using a Nulab application (Backlog, Cacoo, or Typetalk) first.
Follow the steps here to get started.
Step 1: Create an Organization
An Organization in Nulab applications is comprised of information about your organization, including members, plan, billing and invoice, etc. This information is centralized in your organization settings, and it is applicable across the Nulab products which you’re using.
For new users, when you start a trial with Nulab applications (Backlog, Cacoo, or Typetalk), you will need to create an organization.
To create a new organization, please start a trial for one of the Nulab cloud products:
- Go to nulab.com/products
- Choose a product (Backlog, Cacoo, or Typetalk) you want to start a trial, click Start trial.
- It will redirect you to the product’s pricing page. Select the preferred plan and start a free trial.
- Once you have successfully registered for a free trial, an organization will be created and you can manage it in the organization settings page.
Note: If you are an existing user who has already created an organization, please refer to Step 2.
Step 2: Apply for Nulab Pass trial
After you have created an organization, you can apply for the Nulab Pass trial. We offer a free 30 days trial for Nulab Pass. To start your trial:
- Go to nulab.com/nulabpass and scroll to the application form section.
- Fill in the application form and submit. We will review your submission and provide you the Nulab Pass trial access within 3 business days.
Information required in the application form:
Plan admin’s contact name.
- Plan admin email address
Plan admin’s email address.
- Company Name
The company name that registered for the Nulab Products.
- Space Key
The space key is a unique ID that can be found in the Organization Profile Settings page. It is a 10-character unique ID.
Step 3: Setting up Organization ID, SAML & Managed Account
Once you have access to Nulab Pass, you can start to set up your Nulab Organization ID, SAML authentication followed by creating a Managed Account.
To set up Organization ID, SAML authentication and Managed Account:
- In your Organization Profile settings page, entered or update your preferred Nulab Organization ID. Nulab Organization ID is a unique ID that you use for SAML single sign-on login for Nulab cloud products.
For more details on setting up Organization ID, please refer to Nulab Organization ID.
- Go to the Authentication tab in the Organization settings page and click Change to setup your IdP details.
For more details on setting up SAML authentication, please refer to Set up SAML authentication.
- After you have configured the SAML authentication, you can invite a user by creating a Managed Account on the Members page. Go to Organization Settings > Members > Create Manage Account(s).
For more details about creating and editing a Managed Account, please refer to Create and edit Managed Account.
- After you have created a Managed Account, an invitation email will be sent out to the invitee to join your organization.
- You must at least maintain one Nulab Account in your organization to prevent losing access to your Nulab products when you are unable to log in with SAML authentication.
- It is recommended to create a team before creating a Managed Account. This helps you to easily allocate the user to a team while creating their Managed Account.
Step 4: Log in with SAML Single Sign-On
After you have successfully configured the SAML authentication, Managed Account users can now login to Nulab products with SAML single sign-on.
On the Nulab login page, the member can select Login with Managed Account > input Nulab Organization ID > Login with SAML.
See Login with Managed Account to learn more about login details.
Step 5: Upgrade your subscription
During the trial or after your 30 days trial, you can make payment when you’re ready to upgrade and subscribe to Nulab Pass. All you need is to add credit card details when you click on upgrade in the plan organization settings page. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
For more details about managing your Nulab Pass plans and billings, see Plans and Billing section.
- Nulab Pass is charged based on per-user per month for the total number of users in the organization (including Nulab Account users). When you upgrade, it is not possible to reduce the number of users to less than your current organization users count.
To reduce the Nulab Pass user subscription, please consider reducing the number of users in the Organization Settings page first before clicking upgrade.
- After the trial period, Nulab Pass features will no longer be available, and Managed Account users are unable to access Nulab products without the Nulab Pass subscription.